4 days tour from fes to marrakech
Explore Morocco’s rich culture and stunning landscapes on a 4-day tour from Fes to Marrakech. Visit charming Berber villages, admire the Middle Atlas Mountains, and experience the vibrant city of Marrakech
4 Days/3 Nights
This fes to marrakech desert tour 4 days via Merzouga Sahara Desert begins at your hotel/riad in Fes, passeing via Ifrane, makes a stop in Azrou Cedar Forest to see monkeys, and afterwards travel across the Ziz Valley to Merzouga. The following days, you’ll trek through the breathtaking Todgha Gorges and visit the world-famous Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou before being dropped off at your Marrakech riad/hotel.
- Crossing from Ifrane, the Switzerland of Morocco.
- Visit Azrou cedar forest and view the local apes.
- Traversing the Ziz Valley.
- Taking a camel ride across the dunes.
- Enjoy the sights of Erg Chebbi and its magnificent sunset from the back of your camel.
- Spend the night in the Merzouga desert camp after enjoying a Berber meal under the stars.
- Promenade along the Todra oasis’s stream to the beautiful gorges.
- Spend time in Ait Ben Haddou’s Casbah and discover the Berber village.
- Crossing through the High Atlas Mountains and the Tizi N’Tichka pass.
- See Fes and Marrakech.
fes to marrakech desert tour 4 days itinerary
the first day: Fes - Middle Atlas - Merzouga Desert
On the first day of our Fes to Marrakech desert tour 4 days, our driver guide will meet you at your Fes accommodation about 7/8 a.m. and begin the journey over the Middle Atlas Mountains. We’ll make a pit stop at Ifrane, Morocco’s “Switzerland.” Then we continue our journey to Morocco’s largest cedar forest, near Azrou, where we will observe barbarian monkeys. Following that, we will head to Midelt for lunch.
Later in the afternoon, we’ll drive to the Sahara desert, over the Tizi N’talghoumte pass (1907m), passing through wonderful Berber settlements and taking in the panoramic view of the Ziz Valley, which is densely forested with thousands of palm trees.
Following that, we will arrive at Merzouga’s wonderful land of sand dunes (Erg-Chebbi), where you will begin your Camel Trekking Adventure to desert camp, crossing the stunning, unique orange-colored sand dunes. This is a magnificent experience where you may feed your spirit while watching the sunset from the middle of the dunes. Dinner and nights will be in camp, with local music playing by drumps, under zillions of stars.
the second day: EXPEDITION OF THE DESERT
After breakfast, we will begin our excursion around the Erg-Chebbi dunes. We will visit several interesting places in Merzouga. We’ll stop in Khamliya village to listen to African music (Gnawa) performed by people who are originally from the south of Africa. Then we’ll continue our desert road trip to the desert behind the Erg-Chebbi dunes. We’ll visit an abandoned village to witness the functioning fossil minerals, then drive to a nomadic Berber family to learn about their lifestyle.
We’ll return to Khamliya for a delicious lunch at a nearby restaurant. We’ll take a ride to Merzouga Lake in the afternoon. If we’re lucky, we’ll find it full of water and see some birds, such as ducks and flamingos. If not, we’ll have to find it even if it’s dry because we can see camel pasture. While we’re there, we can observe and learn about local palm farms, then we will drive back ahead riad.
the thirt day: Merzouga - Todra Gorges - Dades Valley
We have to get up very early in the morning to see the sunrise. If you want to see the best sunrise you’ve ever seen from the top of a nearby dune in the middle of the desert, you have to get up early. After breakfast, we rode back to Merzouga on camels or in a vehicle to go back through Marrakech. Leaving towards the town of Rissani. We’ll walk around the area’s most famous traditional and largest market, looking for locally manufactured goods and arts and crafts. Later, we proceed to Tinghir via the Tafilalt Oasis, where we can stop to observe the ancient irrigation system discovered there.
After arriving in Tinjdad town for lunch, we will go to Tinghir to experience the breathtaking views of the Todra valley and walk through the Todra Gorge with its orange towering cliffs. Todra Gorge’s canyons are about 1,000 feet deep, making it a popular climbing destination. We’ll finish the day in the verdant valley of Boumalne Dades. Consider staying in a hotel or riad. Dinner and an overnight.
the fourth day : Boumalne - Ouarzazate -Ait Ben haddou - High Atlas - Marrakech
After breakfast, we can enjoy one of the best views of the Dades valley from one of the strategically located viewing points in the mountains. From there, we can enjoy the large number of kasbahs as well as the aesthetic features of each one. Then we travel along a road lined with tourist-friendly kasbahs. After enjoying the “One Thousand Kasbahs Road,” the Rose Valley, and the large Skoura palm forest, we’ll go to Ouarzazate to see the Kasbah of Taourirt, the historic house of the Glaoui or Marrakech pasha.
We can also go to the cinema studios and the TUE cinema museum if you’re interested. We will halt half an hour from Ouarzazate at the ksar (fortified village) of Ait Ben Haddou, where we will explore the iconic Kasbah (declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1986). Gladiator, Obelix, The Mummy, The Jewel of the Nile, Sahara with Penélope Cruz, and other famous films have been shot on this outstanding stage.
Lunch break in town, then w e continue our journey to Marrakech, passing through the mountain port of Tizi Ntichka and making a few photo stops along the way. We leave the scenery behind to reach another colorful view. We’ll arrive in Marrakech at 6 p.m., transfer to the hotel, and conclude our services.
- The cost of the tour is based on the number of people in your group and the kind of accommodation you stay in during the trip.
- The drive back from Erg Chebbi to Marrakech on the last day is somewhat lengthy. Please prepare yourselves for it.
- A 4×4 vehicle can easily seat up to four adult guests. However, if your tour has more than five individuals, a van will be used.
- Local guides and (if applicable) entrance fees are not included. You make direct payments to suppliers for those.
- The pick-up time for your desert tour is negotiable. Between 07:30 and 08:00 AM is the best time.
- The 3-day itinerary can be customized to be a 4-day Marrakech to Merzouga excursion with an additional night at Erg Chebbi, or halfway between Merzouga and Marrakech.